Main Forum

Rankup attempt for the first time in like two years from class E

5 replies
Bunnies:
+3
What's up! I haven't been on Enjin in a long time and I feel that my art has improved, so take a look!
1510260937_edgy.png
1510260898_Mei.png
1510260867_TO.png
Posted Nov 10, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+3
Also! I made a mistake in This post That tracing ain't okay, and honestly I was just a dumb 13 year old, but I felt compelled to mention that the first one I used an image from google to draw the anatomy, but all the coloring shading etc is mine.
Posted Nov 10, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+39
Hello there!
Please include all images that you've used to assist your drawings. We cannot score without you properly citing the sources.
inoJ7Pc.gif
Posted Nov 10, 17
Bunnies:
+3
I've attached it here
Attached Images
Posted Nov 10, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+3
AAAA ok so I forgot to mention that the second one I colored over a screenshot from a cinematic that's ill post here, let me know if you want me to post a different drawing
Attached Images
Posted Nov 11, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+41
Hey there!
We've decided to keep you in your current class!
I can definitely see that you're trying new things and especially trying to experiment with values so that's awesome :d
However there were some aspects that we felt needed to be addressed before you could rank up-
Some major things to point out were:

- your drawings are quite undefined, so your values kinda just ended up mixing into each other. It made it a little bit difficult to tell what was happening, and it made your body structure end up on the wonky side
I'd suggest that you should maybe do a little underdrawing or sketch, and then paint over it, as it'll maintain your structure and details
Not only that, but draw stick figures! Stick figures take little effort,but are effective in pinning anatomical mistakes/weird poses before you get into detail, they're huge life savers :d

- aside from your studies, we noticed some pillow shading going on, so it made it hard for us to determine the light source
For this, I'd say to just mark a spot on your canvas to make it a light source, and just go from there. It'll help with determining the direction of the light being shone, and while you're at it you can block in your light and dark values. Although I guess you'd need to have some knowledge of lighting to do this effectively, so do some more studies man C: theyre fun

- lastly, try not to reference other peeps artworks! It's okay if you understand whats going on in the piece, but normally people would misinterpret it and draw incorrectly , so it's just better to draw using real people as references in general.
I'd suggest senshistock for some real people poses, she's the only one I know of at the moment, but she's still pretty good

Anyways, here are some drawovers from cy :d She fixed up some values, and drew over your falling pose to help with your structure (plus you should check how she drew the body, you can see the stick figure in there)
(Also, come check out our discord! We're pretty active sometimes, so if you need some quick feedback and tips, its in there woo)
Attached Images
DACp2q6.gif

Please check out my DA :) https://arkarium.deviantart.com/
Posted Nov 30, 17 · Last edited Nov 30, 17
Bunneh
List
Undo
NoticeNotices