Main Forum

Rankup Art!

4 replies
Bunnies:
+1
I hope I'm going this right, if not, I'm sorry!
October 2017
20_by_7delta-dbs63ck.png
acbc00ec07667404375d6395c5859ea6-dbrx7g3.png

ᎢᎻᎬᎡᎬ'Ꮪ Ꭺ ᏙᎾᏆᏟᎬ ᎢᎻᎪᎢ ᏟᎪᏞᏞᏚ, "ᎡᎬᎷᎬᎷᏴᎬᎡ ᏔᎻᎾ YᎾᏌ ᎪᎡᎬ."
ᏆF YᎾᏌ ᏞᎾᏚᎬ YᎾᏌᎡᏚᎬᏞF, YᎾᏌᎡ ᏟᎾᏌᎡᎪᏩᎬ ᏚᎾᎾN ᏔᏆᏞᏞ FᎾᏞᏞᎾᏔ.
ᏚᎾ ᏴᎬ ᏚᎢᎡᎾNᏩ ᎢᎾNᏆᏩᎻᎢ.

ixw0nk.png
Posted Oct 27, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 30, 17
Bunnies:
+2
Your art is really good! can't wait to see what class your in :)
uFRf2Ll.png
Posted Oct 27, 17
Bunneh
List
Undo
Bunnies:
+1
Your art is really good! can't wait to see what class your in :)
Ooh! Thank you!!

ᏚᎾ ᏴᎬ ᏚᎢᎡᎾNᏩ ᎢᎾNᏆᏩᎻᎢ.

ixw0nk.png
Posted Oct 29, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+38
Hey there, sorry for the delay!

You've been assigned to Class D!
The details you've placed on your characters are outstanding! It's nice how each clothing was conceptually interesting and I believe that the color choices developed a certain theme for each character. Great way to give off the personality :thumb:

There are some anatomical issues that I would like to point out for the first one. (second one was pretty solid) Here's a quick drawover to clarify the areas. (the sword was too glorious for me to draw sorreh)
UICbJUO.png
Most were foreshortening issues so I would suggest looking up tutorials or exercises on foreshortening. It's one of the difficult areas in drawing, but a ton of practice on these poses will get you there.

Another part is shading. Your drawings are a little bit pillow-shaded. It means that the light source isn't clearly defined. This technique is great for refining details, but it doesn't give your character the volume it needs, which is more crucial. Cel-shading would be a great way to get that volume out.
Here's an example of how cel-shading would apply to the character in this case:
FMnIgzk.png
The circle and the arrow indicate the light source, so it's easier to find the areas where the light would most likely hit. Try applying this technique when you practice on cubes, spheres, cylinders, or other objects to get an understanding of the light source.

My other suggestion is that you try to draw more dudes and other kinds of poses, such as motion (running, jumping, swinging, etc.) Break out of your comfort zone once in a while.

Feel free to join us on our discord server, since that's where most of us are on and we can give you faster feedback on your drawings.

Keep drawing!
inoJ7Pc.gif
Posted Mon at 09:00 pm · Last edited Mon at 21:01
Bunneh
List
Undo
Bunnies:
+1
Thanks! Although this photo was a reference of a picture I took of myself, I thank you for the lighting tips! Also, the breast tips too! I definitely do need practice with a lot still. I’ve improved since then! I also added the missing screen that her right hand was pressing on, now it probably made more sense. Thanks for the helpful tips and your time!

ᏚᎾ ᏴᎬ ᏚᎢᎡᎾNᏩ ᎢᎾNᏆᏩᎻᎢ.

ixw0nk.png
Posted Tue at 12:11 am · OP · Last edited Tue at 0:16
Bunneh
List
Undo
NoticeNotices