Main Forum

Art OwO

3 replies
Bunnies:
+2
Hi! heres my art :d
Alot of these i did for commissions
The 4 person one took me a long time to draw
I updated this with new art on 10/27/2017, i tried a different eye style :d (all the ones with circle eyes are new)
Attached Images
uFRf2Ll.png
Posted Oct 14, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 17
Bunnies:
+72
Heyo! =^-^= welcome to usagi! I actually really like your art, and style, but i'm just gonna give a bit of a critique here.
So in your last picture, that's so great that you are trying new poses, and you should keep doing that for sure. Maybe a little thing that could help is if you plan out your piece better? It seems the girl holding up the other girl is a lot lower then everyone else. Maybe if you first put down your line of where the floor is, that would be a great start. If the girl with pink hair is supposed to be crouching down, then she should probably be a bit bigger since she is closer to the camera.
Another thing about planning, do you sketch out your pieces? if your program doesn't have layers, then try finding a different program which does because layers are very important for drawing. A little tip, in your second drawing she looks very wiggly and unnatural. When you sketch, first start off with the body, then put on the clothes because if you start with the clothes you won't know where everything else goes and some arms and legs may look bigger or smaller than the other ones.
Anyway that is all I have for you right now, I am so excited to see you progress in drawing =^-^= good luck on your ranking!
1473135981_Logo.png
Posted Oct 17, 17
Bunnies:
+2
Hi! thanks for the critique, that was one of my first group drawings :(, My drawing tool does have layers. :(,
uFRf2Ll.png
Posted Oct 17, 17 · OP
Bunnies:
+37
Heeeyo and welcome! You've made it to class D!
So to start off, we noticed that a lot of your shading is pillowed (basically has no defined light source if you dont know what that means), especially with the hair, where there are a couple of light dots spread out. I suggest that to help with this, when you're drawing, you can just set a mark somewhere on the canvas as an indicator of where the light is coming from (it helps me usually), or you could just study where light hits when its directed at a person or an object :d doing this will help your drawings pop out more 3-D
Another thing was that, a lot of your drawings are quite similar in pose and also facial features :0
(except the piece with 4 people in it, that was some good pose variety) A couple of your drawings seem to share the same characteristics as previous pieces, esp with the faces, which in usagi we use the term "Same face syndrome" hehe, Try to vary in different eye shapes or maybe different expressions even, cause it'll give your people more life and personality, rather than the stand and smile pretty kinda stuff.( Buuuuut i know you are making progress in testing out different styles, so good luck with that and hope to see more variety next time :d)
Anywho, my last point is pretty much what soul said ^
sketch out the person and keep your anatomy consistent and well structured
I noticed that your people stand quite stiffly, and some have inconsistent shoulder widths too (which you should watch out for since its a pretty common mistake among usagi peeps as well :o) , most of which could be solved by a simple stick figure drawing/ gestural drawing, or you could even start with shapes to get stuff down, whichever is easier for you :) though i personally reccomend stick figure, since its quick, easy to fix, and catches things such as stiffness or proportion issues, but other than that, everything else is pretty solid ^^. Lineart is clean, coloring is clean, and that white outline is pretty neat too, so anyways good luck on your next rank up , and feel free to post stuff in the discord for sum feedback
DACp2q6.gif

Please check out my DA :) https://arkarium.deviantart.com/
Posted Oct 30, 17
NoticeNotices