Main Forum

Hey I'm Volc :)

2 replies
Bunnies:
+1
I've recently started getting back into art sooo here's some of the work I've done over the course of this past month or so.
Any feedback would be helpful especially if it's something anatomy or color choice related.
Spoiler: Show
Also after looking back at it the eyes in the first picture look a little wonky ;-;

-Volc
Posted Jul 8, 17 · OP
cy_ tag
Master of Sketch
Bunnies:
+620
Ayooo o/ Welcome to Usagi :3
We've decided to rank you into Class C, but you're right on the edge between that and D, so gotta do better for if you wish to rankup~

Your colours for the most part are actually pretty good, but needs more amping of contrast and simplification of shapes. I've illustrated that in my drawovers:
43a35d7fe1c4d83fa4d62b7d6412df67.jpg
For your first image - i just added a pale blue bounce light to amplify the dude's features, since it was REALLY dark and hard to see anything. Then, I added a warm light ambience from the sun coming up in the back for contrast with the cool blue>cyan/teal colours. I also gave the mountains in the back a stronger shadow cuz the light source is behind them after all -shrugs-

For your second image - tweaked the anatomy of the figure on the ground some, fixed the ear position (generally it's about midway between the eye and the nose, so yours was like the position of a dog ear or something) and added a warm light glow from the assumed light source. That way the piece has more fancy atmospheric whatever. You're getting into a bit of pillow shading on the face of link as well, so i corrected that. I also redrew the belt/added a brown tint to the pants to make all the colours more cohesive in the warm earth coloured scene. Forgot to add the shadow for the head but eh, you get the gist from the shading of the body.

For your last image - I extended the arm. Generally the wrist of the arm should reach the base of the pelvis. In the instance of your drawing, it was too short. Then I just simplified the shapes of the hair and clothing folds. I highly recommend you use references more often for this kind of thing, since it doesn't seem like you've figured out how to shade clothing folds in yet with volume and all that.
The form of the ribbon had issues as well with how you rendered the light/shadow. A ribbon is a flat 2D piece of cloth, yo. Not a rounded out bloated thing.

Other than that, you seem to be doing pretty good o3o
Probs work more on proportions in terms of your anatomy, expand more on backgrounds/lighting cuz you're getting there, and ye. Refer to this for more information on what you could work on :)
Feel free to join the discord to chat with the more active members of usagi and throw your art in there for feedback ^^ Have funs ay o/
Here's my two cents and a wall of text to go with it :3
Posted Jul 11, 17 · Last edited Jul 11, 17
Bunneh
List
Undo
Bunnies:
+1
Thanks for all the feedback :d
Posted Jul 11, 17 · OP
Bunneh
List
Undo